HANDS-ON, MINDS-ON PROGRAMMING
The Girls Inc. Experience empowers girls to succeed. Girls Inc. provides girls with trusting, mentoring relationships; a girls-only environment, and research-based, hands-on programming.Our research-based programming available to girls ages 5 to 18 ensures girls lead healthy lives, succeed academically, and have the life skills needed that will prepare them for adulthood. These year-round, educational, and intentional programs focus on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math), healthy relationships, sound body image, and advocacy.
THE GIRLS INC. EXPERIENCE
Based on our research and experience these are the six essential elements of the Girls Inc. experience:
- A pro-girl and girls-only environment that is physically, socially and emotionally safe and confirms that girls can succeed and deserve to be taken seriously for the people they are now and the women they will become.
- Trusting, mentoring relationships with adult staff and volunteers trained in an approach that is grounded in a belief in girls’ rights and abilities.
- Holistic, compensatory, and intentional programming focused on girls’ needs which provides exposure to a wide variety of experiences and options that girls might not have experienced otherwise.
- Relevant, field-tested, and research-based curricula that confront the serious needs of girls while building the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to enable girls to be competent, confident individuals and adult women.
- Girl-centered, motivating, deliberate, and interactive activities that develop and promote girls’ strengths.
- Sustained exposure to programming and connection with a girl over time to increase positive outcomes and reduce the potential for negative outcomes.